Alex Membrillo is the CEO of Cardinal, a digital marketing agency focused on growing multi-location companies. Their services include search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, Facebook Ads, web design, and more to increase leads, conversions, and authority for their clients.
Alex Membrillo has been recognized as a member of the 2018 Top 40 Under 40 list by Georgia State University as well as 2015 and 2016 Top 20 Entrepreneur of metro Atlanta by TiE Atlanta, Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2016 Small Business Person of the Year, and Digital Marketer of the Year by Technology Association of Georgia (TAG).
In this episode, we sit down with Alex Membrillo to discuss his journey as a digital marketing agency CEO, bouncing back from losing clients in 2016, and specific areas he invested in his agency, Cardinal Digital, to become a successful business.
This Cast Covers:
- The reason for Cardinal Digital's success (03:34)
- A look back at Alex's ups and downs running the agency (06:58)
- How they bounced back from losing their two biggest clients, which was 75% of their revenue (07:05)
- Why the agency owner should take more risk on (09:34)
- The growing pains Alex has begun to see when the agency tripled in size in a relatively short time (10:46)
- Which investments paid off and what moved the needle fastest for Cardinal Digital (13:10)
- Keeping up momentum when your agency grows really fast (18:18)
- How to improve conversions and win rates (21:05)
- Alex talks about Cardinal Digital's long-term goals (25:08)
- What Alex has done personally that has sharpened him as a person (27:08)
- His views on improving your mindset as a digital agency owner (28:07)