Spence Hackney is the president of Proclaim Interactive, an interactive think out of the box full-service digital marketing agency providing website design, mobile app development, and search engine optimization. Established in Wilmington, North Carolina in 1999, their team full of smart professionals are rip-roaring and ready to bring you more clients, patients, supporters, and sales.
Spence also serves on the board of First Fruit Ministries, Alpha Ministries, and is a leader in Cub Scout Pack 226.
In this episode, Spence shares how Proclaim Interactive started in 1999, the triumphs and challenges they’ve faced as an agency, acquisition structure, and how faith has a huge role to play in directing both Spence and Joey’s paths as not just agency owners but also stewards of God’s creation.
This Cast Covers:
- How Proclaim Interactive started in 1999 and a little background who is Spence (00:59)
- Is the agency world in very unprecedented times or is it just experiencing another shift in terms of maintaining a great culture despite everything being virtual nowadays? (02:03)
- The stuff 12-year-old Spence was into and what it’s like growing up on a farm (03:28)
- What kind of specific niche Proclaim Interactive really honing in on (07:05)
- The method behind the agency’s growth through word of mouth and referrals and if it has always been purely organic (08:55)
- Joey’s approach on getting referrals which any agency owner can implement to their onboarding process (10:37)
- How Proclaim Interactive has gone about doing acquisitions and what they learned from it so far (13:17)
- Spence gets real and talks about how his faith has impacted his work (15:35)
- Joey talks about his former difficult relationship with wealth and work as a Christian (15:46)
- How the book The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn rocked Spence’s world and his view of agency life (17:21)
- How to adapt to building and maintaining company culture virtually(25:12)
- The number one topic agency owners are trying to figure out right now: retaining talent (26:32)
- Spence’s advice to agency owners on the one thing they should focus on in their agency that will move the needle for them bigtime in 2022 (29:58)
- A challenge that Spence is facing and working on today in terms of leading the agency (32:39)