Erik Huberman is the founder and CEO of Hawke Media, a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models. Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country's fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor's “Best Places to Work”, 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency.
As a serial entrepreneur and marketing expert, Huberman is a sought-after thought leader in the world of digital marketing, entrepreneurship, sales, and business. Prior to Hawke, he founded, grew and sold two successful e-commerce companies. Huberman is the recipient of numerous honors and awards including Forbes “30Under30,” CSQ “40Under40”, Inc. Magazine’s “Top 25 Marketing Influencers,” and Best in Biz North America’s “Marketing Executive of the Year.” A regular contributor to major publications like Forbes, Entrepreneur, and CSQ, Huberman is also a well-known keynote speaker.
He is also the author of The Hawke Method: The Three Principles of Marketing that Made Over 3,000 Brands Soar.
For the first 20 people who purchase the book, send me an email with a screenshot of your purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will invite you to a private, exclusive 2-hour session with me to help you stand up your sales systems.
This Cast Covers:
- How Hawke Media started doing acquisitions and closing their 7th and 8th acquisitions very recently (03:08)
- The pivotal moment where Erik realized he no longer wanted a lifestyle business and build something much, much bigger, and more powerful (09:45)
- Erik getting out of the sales cockpit seat even if there was a very noticeable dip in revenue for two months (11:53)
- Why you need to invest in your leaders if you want to see massive growth in your agency (14:37)
- Freedom is being able to do all the cool things, both personally and professionally (17:31)
- How Erik and his partner at Hawke Media figured out how to grow and scale the agency in a more sustainable fashion (18:36)
- The genius in paying your employees to take a one-week vacation every year (20:10)
- Erik explains The Hawke Method and why he and his team created the book (21:58)
- Freedom comes when you don't live a life off P&L, but you live a life off a balance sheet (25:21)
- Erik’s advice on wealth building for agency owners that you probably don’t want but need to hear (26:00)
- Why you’re better off reinvesting in assets and living below your P&L (29:30)
- How Erik got to the point where he has a very stable, cash-flowing business that has no outside capital, no debt by simply reinvesting in assets and living below his P&L (29:30)
- Joey’s wealth-building strategy starts with knowing what’s your burn rate and looking at five buckets of investing (33:10)
- Why now is not the right time to be sitting on cash due to the industrial inflation rate (34:20)