Scott Scully is the CEO of Abstrakt Marketing Group, a B2B lead generation company and business growth agency based in St. Louis, Missouri. For the last 12 years, they have been helping small to medium-sized businesses grow through outbound lead generation, marketing services, and Salesforce consulting.
In this episode, Scott shares how he helps businesses solve one of their biggest challenges to growth, which is building and maintaining a consistent, predictable sales pipeline; as well as growing into his role as a CEO and his own experience in acquisitions.
This Cast Covers:
- How Abstrakt started and how they’ve grown to $27million in revenue and 550 people (05:03)
- The specific target markets Scott and Abstract Marketing Group serve and how they do sales enablement (06:27)
- How long Scott has been into acquisitions and was it a strategic move or unplanned (11:07)
- Joey reveals one of his bigger picture goals (13:45)
- Leading with sales is the greatest value you can bring to someone else’s company or agency (16:50)
- Scott’s advice for those who are maybe stuck wearing too many hats and yet struggle to wear the CEO hat of their company (18:54)
- Taking some time to look at your future organization chart and strategize roles and responsibilities (22:08)
- How Abstrakt manages to fight the battle against their employees being poached by companies from the West and East Coast (25:36)
- What Scott and the leadership at Abstrakt has created in order to attract and keep good talent (26:12)
- A daily startup and shutdown routine for accountability but also for granting more personal freedoms (28:40)
- What’s next for Scott and for Abstrakt Marketing Group? (30:40)
- Caring about the human as a whole and not just looking at his role as a CEO (33:09)