Justin Christianson is the co-founder and President of Conversion Fanatics, a full-service conversion rate optimization company, helping companies improve their results. They focus on delivering top and bottom-line performance for leading e-commerce companies (Including Burt’s Bees, Dr. Axe, Clorox, and the NBA store).
He is also a serial entrepreneur, a digital marketing veteran, Father, Husband, and #1 Amazon bestselling author of Conversion Fanatic: How to Double your Customers, Sales, and Profits with A/B Testing.
In this episode, I spoke with Justin about his experiences going through an acquisition and the lessons he’s learned from it. We also discussed how Conversion Fanatics handled this process and what led to its success.
This Cast Covers:
- Justin’s journey in the digital marketing space and scaling Conversion Fanatics into a profitable company serving almost 50 active clients 11 years in the making (02:12)
- Where Justin would invest in if he were to sell Conversion Fanatics tomorrow (05:56)
- Biggest misconception agency owners have regarding mergers and acquisitions (09:31)
- Justin recalls his experiences of Conversion Fanatics going through an acquisition (13:38)
- Why Justin advises against romanticizing about an inquisition (27:42)
- How he grew Conversion Fanatics by writing a book(29:36)
- Why Justin doesn’t believe in silver bullet tactics and prefers principles that never go out of style if you want to build and grow an agency for the long-term sustainably (34:48)
- What most businesses think when they hear the word sales (41:20)
- How Justin went from submitting a 20-page fancy analysis PDFs that no one would read to closing deals with just a straightforward 6-page proposal (44:54)
- Why we love to overcomplicate things and why that doesn’t really translate to success in business (46:22)